So lately I have not been feeling so hot about my body. I am sure I am not the only new mom who feels this way, but it is hard watching other women "spring" right back into shape. It isn't just celebrities, but co-workers, and friends too. I have lost a big bulk of the weight, but I still have a flabby belly and huge thighs. I really thought I would have done better getting rid of this weight since I was fit before and I exercised a LOT while pregnant. I think the worst part is my stomach. Not only is it flabby (which I have NEVER had before) but the stretch marks are awful. I have them on the sides that are dark purple and red and then faint lines below my belly button. I try to remind myself that it has only been 4 months and that I need to give myself some credit, but I honestly feel like I was much more attractive pregnant than I am now. I have a hard time "getting in the mood" when it comes to Corey and I and I think it is hurting our marriage. I try to tell him how I feel, but I am not sure he 100% understands. I need to give it more time and find a few minutes each day to exercise those areas, but for tonight complaining and crying seems like the solution.
Onto a few other quick notes:
-There wasn't any posting done for nearly a month because every one in the family got really sick. Luckily mine only lasted about 4 days and Jensen was only sick for 2 with a bad fever. Corey had it first and was sick for weeks! Then it spread to my SIL and brother... awful!
-School has been incredibly hard! My macro and micro economics class is MUCH harder than my math class. Who would have guessed? I am hoping all my classes after these two are easier. I graduate in 6 months!
-Corey and I will have been together for 5 years on Feb 21st although we are both too poor to do any kind of celebrating. We don't do much for Valentine's either. Maybe we can just go on a date soon and see a movie and go out to dinner or something. We need to spend more time together - ALONE
-Work. Work has been great, but very busy. Symposium is this week and I am really excited to see my manager speak and to help with his presentation. I am excited to meet more of our clients face to face and build our business.
-Vacation. This is the most exciting part of the post! My mom wants to take our family to California! My mom moved it to the first week of August so that I can go after I graduate instead of during finals (she wanted to go over 4th of July). She already rented out a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home for all of us to stay in. I am so excited! I can't wait to take Jensen to the beach - he is such a water baby and will hopefully love it! Venice Beach here we come!
-Jensen's 4 month check up is in 2 days! I am sure he is at least 13.5 pounds but we will see. He is so big now. I hate seeing him grow out of clothes and toys that don't hold his interest, but I am proud of him and all of the developments he has already made.
-Teething? I still can't tell if he is teething or not! I am going to confirm this with the doctor. I think he is because of the crazy drool, the sucking of fingers, and biting. His gums also have changed in density, but I hear this can last months?
-Baby food. I have now decided I am going to make baby food from scratch! I bought containers for baby food to freeze in. I found a great book on homemade food and I can't wait to try it. I am sure it will get more fun as he gets older and can get more foods. People add cinnamon and other spices into their food- I am sure he is going to LOVE solids! He already seems to have such a huge interest in what I am eating.
That's it for now... gotta go do homework and I am exhausted....
No comments:
Post a Comment