Oh my gosh it has been nearly a month since I posted! That is awful considering how much happens in a day let alone a month! I am going to have to refer to Facebook status updates to remember what happened in the past month, but the major would be we closed on our house and moved!
We closed on May 10th and got keys on May 11th. That is a day I will never forget! Amie is the best realtor and now a great friend and we couldn't have done it without her. She even gave us such a sweet, personalized gift at closing (a potted pink plant w/Kalai lyrics engraged on the pot). Corey immediately started working on the main bathroom -ripping it out and putting it back together. I will have to find pictures of the before and post them. It is a total 180!
That Saturday (May 12th) was Race for the Cure downtown right around the Salt Lake library. Mom, Marissa, Rylee, Jensen, and myself all walked. Jensen hated the stroller within the first mile and I carried him the Ergo Carrier the rest of the way - I was a sweaty mess when it was over. It was fun though and I am always up for supporting a good cause and getting some good exercise at the same time.
The next day (Sunday the 13th) was my first official Mother's Day! We met with my family at Ihop in Sandy for an early breakfast. We can by our house to show Morgan and than that afternoon we went to an late lunch/early dinner with Corey's family at Marie Calendars. My mom got me a baby bullet (to make homemade baby food for Jensen) and I gave my mom an engraved necklace that says "gma" in the middle and Rylee and Jensen around the edge. She loves it and hasn't taken it off! Corey's mom gave me a super cute shirt and some candies and I got a pretty plant from grandma and Eileen. Corey got me a really nice card and flowers and ordered me a gift that still isn't here (almost a month later!). He said it shipped this week though so I am excited to see what it is!
The next week or two after that was pretty much a blur of chaos. We had a falling out with Marissa and Morgan about watching Jensen so she no longer babysits 3x a week for us. We did family pictures two days later (the 23rd) which was fun to get done, but a bit awkward. I love Mary with DMC and she can always put me in a good mood for pictures! She did an amazing job and I couldn't be happier with the pictures she got of Jensen (and his cute little teeth). The next day (24th) was Marissa's birthday but we didn't get together. That weekend Corey and I were busy trying to move stuff into the house, work on the bathroom, and I was busy doing finals and Employee Appreciation stuff at work. It was literally chaos - oh and my mom was in Texas for Callie's graduation so I couldn't bug her for help. My in-laws have become our heros for sure! Not only has Jill watched Jensen 2x a week since I went back to work, but she also has been helping us a ton on the weekend watching Jensen so I could pack or do homework or buy stuff for the house. Cal has been to the house every late night and all day on the weekends helping Corey work on the bathroom to get it done by the time we moved in. Jill is now watching Jensen 5x a week until I can figure out a replacement for the other 3 days. I have met with a few people, but no one I really love. One lady I liked charges for all 5x a week which would become very expensive for us so I am still looking around. We want Jensen to be happy and safe and so we do not want to make a rushed decision.
We officially moved into our home over Memorial weekend (3 days of moving!). I finished up my last final for those courses just in time to move last weekend. Jill did a lot of the packing with me and my mom watched Jensen. Corey and Cal moved all the big ideas - tvs, beds, desk, etc. It was a lot of work and we couldn't have done it without them. I need to find a gift for them soon! We still have boxes in a few rooms, but everything is almost put away. It is hard to get anything done after Jensen is asleep because we have to be quiet. Man - life with him is so different!
I am now officially in my LAST and FINAL 9 weeks of school and couldn't be happier. Hopefully everything calms down and I can get settled in and focused on these last classes and graduate with a good GPA. Right now I have a 3.6 and I don't want to go below that.
Work is going good and I am constantly busy which I love. I am on just about every committee in the building and it keeps me on my toes and involved in other parts of the company. I love the feeling of making others happy and giving back. I feel it is a way of paying it forward and hoping others will do the same.
Jensen is doing good (as always). He is a speed demon now - he is a master crawler! He has also become pretty pro at climbing up on things and standing for a long time and walking along furniture. He can stand without holding onto furniture for a little bit too. Hopefully walking is a little ways away though - I love that he is mobile, but everything is happening so fast! His top left tooth has broke through and the other one right next to it is breaking through now too. He hasn't been too happy the last few days, but I can't blame him. That is 4 teeth in just over a month! I am still nursing which hasn't been going too great and we have started supplementing with formula. I felt disappointed about it, but not realizing that it doesn't mean I am failing. I am now feeling proud that I have made it this far. Just because I have had to give him some formula (usually one bottle a day) doesn't mean I have to quit nursing or pumping. Hopefully I can get back to exclusively nursing/pumping when my stress levels go down!
Sorry for such a long post, but so much happens in just a day let alone in almost a month! I need to remember to blog at least once a week so the posts aren't pages long.
No comments:
Post a Comment