I have to post about how EXCITED I am that my little man is sleeping so well at night! Jensen has made a few great strides in his sleep schedule this past week or two and it deserves more than a blog post... for now this is all the attention it is getting.
For the past 5 nights Jensen has slept in his big boy crib in his room. No more bassinett for him! Also, we have implemented a bed time routine that starts between 7-8 and takes about an hour and then he goes down for the night. It usually looks like this: feed, take a bath and play in the water (which he absolutely loves!), baby massage, pjs, and another feeding. Yes, I feed him twice in one hour but it "tops" off his belly and helps him sleep longer. Corey takes him after I feed him last and he gets him down for the night. He has been sleeping for 5-6 hours for the first stretch, but last night... he slept from 9-4! 7 hours!!! I was in heaven! I of course didn't go down until 11, but that meant five solid hours for me which was pretty heavenly!
I still have the bassinett next to my bed because most of the time I will feed him in our room after he wakes in the middle of night and then set him in there to sleep for the last few hours before it is time to get up for the day.
I am so glad we are finally getting a routine and he is sleeping longer. It helps knowing when he will crash out so that I can plan on a certain time to get homework and house stuff done after he is asleep.
I love you my sleepy little man! I'm so proud of you for sleeping in your crib in your room!
Mommy loves you!

No comments:
Post a Comment