So I decided that the month of January should be renamed to "Shingles". Yes, you read that correctly!
I got shingles on January 1st and I have never had them before and had no clue what they were. Apparently it is the chicken pox virus that is left dormant in your nerves and can spring back up at any time. LOVELY. I got them from stress I guess, which makes sense since everything have been stressing me out from school, work, money, etc.
My arm looks a little freaky. It is on my right arm and is about 2 inches by 2 inches. They are tiny bumps with a pus looking fluid inside them. It hurts like crazy! I feel I have been punched in the arm a million times because the muscles in my arm are sore. The actual shingles hurt really bad and sting/burn. The feeling stays the same all day. On Monday the 2nd I went to Urgent Care and they got me a perscription for an antiviral medicine and a topical cream to put on it.
The scary part? I could spread them to someone that already has had chicken pox or if it is a child I could give them chicken pox if they have never had them. I am trying to be super careful around Jensen because he could get pretty sick if he got chicken pox this little. I put the cream on and put bandaids over it so that you can't touch it. They only way to spread it is if the bumps open and I get the fluid inside on my hands and spread it or someone touches them directly. It has been a few days now and so far no one has gotten them and the sores are almost all open now. Hopefully it goes away soon because being contagious is scary and they hurt so bad I am ready for this to be done!
I took a picture of my arm right before going to the doctor on my Monday and when I get a minute I will load it here so you can see what they are and what they look like.
My New Year's Resolution: Lead a less stressful life!
No comments:
Post a Comment