Thursday, October 25, 2012

12 months

Wow Bubba! Can you believe you are already a year old!?

The past few months have been so busy that I have a hard time remembering to get on and blog updates about you. I try to do it at least once a month so that I can try to at least keep track of the past 4 weeks and all the new things about you.

Your 1st birthday was on October 6th and your great aunt Uan (susan) and Sheila flew in to Salt Lake to celebrate with you. Uan stayed with us and it was fun having our first house guest. Too bad she is gluten and dairy free and we couldn't feed her! You know how I love to cook for a crowd (when I have time). Your rock star party was a hit and renting the Lone Peak Indoor Pavillion in Sandy was definitely the best decision I could have made! Zack (your daddy's best friend) took all the pictures at your party and he did a great job. You loved smashing your cake and you decided to share it with Daddy and me which was pretty hilarious. We have so many great pictures that will last us a life time. You got a ton of new toys that you play with daily including a Cars (car) from Gma that you can drive yourself, a lot of balls, books, and clothes, a winter snow suit, a wagon, and a Thomas the Train toy from Sheila that you love too. You now have a complete wardrobe for the next 6 months - woo hoo!

This last month has been so much fun to watch you. You are really coming into your own. We took you to see Dr. Omura on October 9th for your 1 year old check-up and you couldn't be healthier! He said you are about 20 pounds and 29 (and something) inches long/tall. You sure are a growing boy! He said you haven't hit a growth spurt in a while and your weight is a little low, but that is because you have been walking for 3 months and you burn all of your calories you consume. He said you need to stop drinking so much milk in the day (cut back to 24 ounces in a day) and eat more solid foods and 3 actual meals. The meals have definitely been interesting... you prefer to feed yourself and you do not want help. It becomes a huge mess when you take the spoon to your yogurt! You can actually get some yogurt on the spoon and make it to your mouth, but a lot of it gushes out the sides of your mouth since you slide the spoon into your mouth instead of opening your mouth all the way. It is pretty funny to watch. You sure are proud of yourself when you get large pieces of food to take bites of instead of us breaking your food down for you.
You love (to name a few): noodles, cheese, peanut butter, raisins, yogurt, cheerios, chips, pears. Food isn't the only thing you enjoy...

You absolutely love your daddy. which you can now successfully say daddy (and hi). You love to climb up the stairs and on furniture. You love going down the stairs too (backwards). You LOVE playing on mama and daddy's big bed and playing in our pillows. You find it hilarious. You love spending your weekdays with your grandma Jill and your weekends catching up with Gma. You are so smart and catch on to what daddy and I are doing right away. You now can run and you are so much better on your feet. Speaking of feet... Gma bought you a pair of See Kai Run shoes and you actually keep them on and walk without crying and freaking out until we take them off. Success in the shoe department!

You are now babbling like crazy and I know that once you get a few more words down you will probably be speaking in full sentences! You really get going and you get so loud that your dad and I can't help but wonder what you are saying to us. You are still such an amazingly happy boy! You are finally sleeping a little better through the night. You still have your normal night time routine, but we just stopped our last night time nursing session on October 22nd so no more boobies for you! You still go down at 8 pm and you typically wake up around 11. Daddy gets up and gives you a bottle and you go back down. You typically wake back up around 5:30 to 6am and I get up with you. I feed you a bottle and you come snuggle with me in bed until I get up at 6:30. Daddy takes over from there until I am done getting ready and then I get you dressed and ready for the day. Our routine works out well and I feel that the stability is good for you. I can't wait until you sleep through the night though! You have a few times recently, but it is still a pretty rare thing. Hopefully having a more full belly at night you will sleep better.

This post is huge! I will have to write more often! Off for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment