I got wheeled into the OR, but they had already upped my drugs and barely remember a thing. I remember them strapping down my arms and I remember hearing Corey's voice, but I kept my eyes closed. I feel asleep during the surgery and woke up to hear Jensen cry. I was so drugged that I remember less than 2 minutes of the surgery and repair. I remember seeing Corey holding Jensen right by me and asking to kiss Jensen. That is all I remember. The next thing I know I back in the labor and delivery room I was first in. I couldn't wake up and I kept shaking. I was actually shaking so bad that I was scared. I wasn't cold although I did ask for more blankets in hopes that would help. I wanted to hold Jensen and see what he looked like but I could barely feel any of my body. I was numb from my ribs down.
I was told in the labor and delivery room that Jensen was 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. He was a lot smaller than I thought he was going to be. I wish I could have delivered vaginally and I don't think it would have been so bad with him being small. He was born at exactly 12 noon! How fun and how easy to remember! I was still extremely sleepy and everytime I woke up someone else was holding my baby. It was Corey or my mom, or Marissa. I believe it was 2 pm when I was moved upstairs to the 2nd floor where the maternity ward is. Around that time I started to feel a lot better and although I still couldn't move my legs by myself I was regaining feeling and I wasn't shaking as bad. Plus, I was finally feeling like I could stay awake for more than a minute at a time. I finally held my son and actually take a close look at him. My mom helped me hold him for a minute after I got back to the original room but it scared me to hold him and I asked her to take him back. I never got a good look at him.
I found out that his cord was wrapped around his leg, arm, and neck and that it was a great thing that I didn't progress any faster and put him in more stress. I was disappointed to have to have a c-section since that is the last thing I wanted, but I got the same amazing result- my beautiful son!
No comments:
Post a Comment