Saturday, October 15, 2011

The first week

Everything has gone smoothly since we got home if you ask me. Jensen is a great baby who doesn't cry unless he is hungry (and I wait too long to notice the hunger signs), is wet/poopy, or really just needs someone to hold him. It only takes a few minutes to figure out what is wrong and another few minutes to fix the problem. Oh and he also cries pretty hard when he is naked. I would have thought that babies like to be out of there diapers?!

Anyway, we have had a few sleepless nights, but in general it has gone well. He wakes up about every 2-3 hours and nurses and gets changed and goes right back to sleep. I am averaging about 7 hours of sleep when Corey helps in the night. Last night was the best! I got to sleep from 11-4:30 while Corey took care of him. Jensen went down in his crib at 2 and then I didn't have to start feeding and changing until 4:30! I can't believe I got a solid 5 1/2 hours of sleep! It was amazing! I must say that there are times during the day when I am definitely tired, but I don't nap. I am too busy trying to get things done when he is sleeping.

Corey and our families have been a great help with taking care of me and Jensen. I am not supposed to do much or lift anything heavier than the baby. I go nuts staring at things left out and undone, so it is nice when we have help to do it so that it doesn't stress me out.

I am still extremely sore around my incision area, but I feel great otherwise. I got a band to go around my hips that also puts pressure on my incision to help the swelling and fluids move away. Hopefully within the next week or so I start to see improvements.

Okay... Jensen is crying and needs to be changed. I will try to write more about the first week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment