Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where has time gone?

I can't believe that my last post was over a month ago and it was about the first week with baby Jensen. He is going to be 7 weeks in just two more days! Nuts! So... let me catch you up on those six weeks....

Jensen is growing like a weed! By his two week appt he was already well past his birth weight and getting longer. They did the heal prick for blood but no shots yet. I love his doctor (Dr. Terri Omura) and the office and staff. Hopefully as Jensen gets older we all continue to like it there.

Jensen sleeps pretty well now. I get one good 3.5 - 4 hour stretch of sleep each night. Some nights are better and some are worse, but I am taking what I can get! He is a great baby and I absolutely love him to death! He spits up a lot and gets really bad gas that has been bad since he was two weeks old. The doctor said to give him gas drops but that didn't seem to do anything. He then gave him medicine for acid reflex to calm acid in his stomach but I couldn't get him to take it. Anything I could get it in his mouth he spit right back up. I am trying other techniques like baby massage though and hopefully that will help. They say it is colic but I disagree. Only time will tell I guess.

His first holiday was Halloween and he had a skeleton glow-in-the-dark costume, but he never wore it. I was too exhausted and he was pretty fussy that day so we didn't put it on even for pictures! I better do that though for scrapbooking. His second holiday is in just two days- Thanksgiving! We are going to my mom's at 1 and then Corey's grandma's house at 4. It is going to be a good day full of yummy food and our awesome families. I can't wait.

My birthday was just over a week ago and it was the best one yet because I have Jensen to share it with (and the rest of the family of course). It was a 3 day celebration which was awesome! Saturday night Corey's parents came over and they brought Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY!) and gave me a cute sweater dress, new sheets for our big bed, and a cute jacket for Jensen. Saturday we went to my mom's and got Training Table (YUMMY too!) and I got jewelry, my awesome new boots, a super cute hat, and Jensen's first Christmas ornaments. Oh and diapers. Yes, some gifts were for him but we need them! Monday which was actually my birthday my mom came over after work and Corey took me to Ichiban for sushi! My favorite place with my favorite man! It was a great way to turn 26!

My dad's birthday was the 10th and I finally went to see him. I don't feel like he is in the ground (or wall...) but I felt I needed to go there and see the marker that my mom had done. I should have taken flowers but I had Jensen and I was short on time. I went to see a house for sale in Sandy but it was awful! I don't know if I am ready to start the housing search again but we are going to have to figure out something soon. I don't want to renew our lease here for another year and it is up in June. Either we will rent a house or we will buy. I miss my dad every day and still can't believe he is gone. I guess I feel that he is still with me every day and watching over me and my family.

I started school over a month ago and so far, so good. I am taking a nutrition and math class. Surprisingly I think my math class is going better than my science/nutrition course. It is nice not having to write huge papers every week. In math we take weekly quizzes instead. Just a huge time saver! I will get a "winter break" December 19th to the 1st of January and so I plan to return to work on the 19th. It isn't going to be easy leaving Jensen but I know it is for the best. I have to work to provide insurance for my family and of course we need the second income. It would be nice to stay at home, at least part time while he is this little. I am already getting anxiety about returning to work.

Other anxiety- money! I have only been getting 60% of my income from short term disability and I already used that money for bills. I have absolutely no money for bills and it's freaking me out. What is worse is Christmas is just around the corner. Hopefully Corey and I can work it out so that he can pay rent and the other bills this month. He knew this was coming but he seems mad or something that I don't have any money. I have been telling him I don't have money and I wasn't joking - I was crying when I said it. Hopefully everything will work out. I should get a check from work just before returning since people have gifted me PTO. I think I got over 60 hours of PTO gifted to me between my mom and a girl in A/R who asked who needed time gifted. I am thankful for her for sure! It would be nice if I could get that money now though.

Oh and the other anxiety - I have a TON of medical bills to pay that are all going to have to be on payment plans since I won't really be making any money until January. Who knew having a c-section would be so expensive? I got a price quoted to me of about $700 for a vaginal delivery, but it is over double that for a c-section... who knew?

Okay, I am trying not to stress, get upset, or be a Debbie-downer, so I should go. I know that everything will work out, but it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Thankfully I have a beautiful, healthy boy who puts it all into perspective for me each time he smiles at me. I love you Jensen and I wouldn't trade one minute with you for anything else in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment