Countdowns are usually fun for me, but not this one. I have 4 days left until I go back to work. It will be bitter sweet, but I am still not looking forward to it. I know that Jensen won't remember this age and he will still love, but I can't help but feel guilty. I think it is worse for me than it is for him. I have been trying to savor every minute these past few weeks with lots of snuggling and giving him every bit of my attention. When Monday arrives I know it will be incredibly hard but I trust Marissa and Jill to take care of the person I care about the most in this world.
New updates: I wrote on Tuesday so to update since then...Jensen and I met Marissa and Rylee at the mall on Wednesday to visit Santa. Jensen did good for his individual picture, but started crying when Rylee joined. He had just woken up and I think he wanted to be held... and not by a big man in a bright red suit. Rylee LOVES Santa and all she is asking for is a play kitchen. She is getting one too so I know this Christmas is going to AMAZEBALLS for her! I can't wait until Jensen understands holidays and gets really excited! Next year will be a lot more fun and he can get lots of fun toys to play with. While we were at the mall I got my dad's watch resized to fit me so I now can wear it. I am grateful to have a piece of him that I can see every day. Thanks Mommy for letting me have it - it means so much to me.
Thursday night it was my team Christmas dinner at Thomas' house and so my mom came over right after work to watch Jensen. Dinner was good - we ate a butternut squash homemade soup with bread, yummy potatoes, salad, and fake sausage (Thomas is vegetarian). It was good to catch up with the team, hear funny stories that I missed, and get excited about going back to work on Monday. Plus, Jason told me while we were there that he approved of the raise I asked for - woo hoo! This mommy needs to make more money to support this family and every penny helps!
Today was Jensen's doctors appointment and he did really. He is 10 weeks today (although it was his 2 month check-up) and he now was 12.6 pounds (gained 5 pounds in 10 weeks) and is 24 inches (grew 2 3/4 inches in 10 weeks). He is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight so he is well proportioned - oh and his head is a good proportion as well. We asked about him not pooping much and they said that it is normal although he went from 4 poopy diapers a day to not going at all or just once a day. I am still breast feeding him and they said that due to his weight gain they know that he is getting enough food and he is just fine. He had to get 3 shots today and then an oral medication. Poor guy screamed so bad and it was a cry I have never heard before. It was clearly his pain cry so thank goodness I have never heard it before today! Corey held him down on the table and I hit my face in my sweatshirt - I can't wait my little one like that. Corey had to go to work this afternoon so I stayed with Jensen who slept the rest of the morning. He woke up to eat and stayed up for about half an hour and then was out again for about two more hours. Once three hit he was up and screaming his pain cry and it was breaking my heart. I rubbed his legs, gave him a warm bath, and snuggled with him. He is till fussy and I think he has a slight fever, but he is doing well considering. I was expecting a lot worse.
Not much else to update on. Tomorrow I am going to meet Anja and Ava for lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I may see if Corey wants to go out on date that night since that is the only night my mom can watch him. Saturday I don't have too much going on. Corey and I are going to babysit Rylee over at our place for a while Morgan and Marissa go to my brother's work Christmas dinner and finish Christmas shopping. Sunday morning I have a nail appointment and I plan to relax at home and get ready for work the next day. Oh and make fudge for my team - those guys LOVE food and I think it will be a nice treat to share with my team who had to work extra hard while I was gone.
I can't believe Christmas is in 10 days! My shopping is done and my presents are wrapped. Corey is about half way done (because I bought those gifts) and he will probably finish it just before Christmas... like he always does. I am still not very excited about Christmas but I think it is because I have so much anxiety about going back to work. I think once I get back to work I will get more excited and can focus on the holidays.
Corey and I have been discussing the past day or so about starting a bedtime routine for Jensen so that he knows it is night and to hopefully sleep longer. He has been having a rough week or two where I am not getting any sleep at night and that obviously needs to change since I will be working. I talked with Dr. Omura about it and he said that now is a good time to start it. He said we can do a feeding followed by bath time, play time/reading, one last feeding and then put him down. I think Corey really wants him to sleep in his own room in his crib, but I still want him in his bassinet for a little bit. I think one major step at a time. Corey also believes in crying it out (as do I) but I feel that he is still too little. A lot of websites say the CIO method isn't beneficial until they are 4-6 months old and that may even be too young. I think we just need to start a routine and do one thing at a time. Hopefully both Jensen and I will be getting more sleep soon.
Off to do more homework - a few more math assignments/quizzes this week and then I have a break until finals in two weeks- woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment