Monday, December 12, 2011

I am awful at updates!

Oh my heck! I can't believe I am so bad at this! I wanted to post more often because I don't want to forget anything that Jensen is doing, but each day goes by so fast! I can't believe I posted right before Thanksgiving and now we are less than 2 weeks away from Christmas! Holy moly!

The last month has been pretty eventful! Thanksgiving was really fun and I enjoyed spending time with family and the long weekend with Corey. Jensen is turning 10 weeks (2.5 months) this Thursday (in 3 days) and he is getting so darn big! His two month check-up is finally upon us. It is this Thursday morning and I am hoping it goes well. He has to get four shots and that sounds like way too much for a little baby. Hopefully he does okay and doesn't get sick or get a fever. I have heard some horrible things about babies the first few days after they get shots. Bubba is a tough cookie though so I am sure everything will go just fine.

Jensen and I went to the Festival of Trees on November 30th with Jackie and Glavin and that was a lot of fun to get out, catch up, and see beautiful trees. I took some fun pictures of the trees and we took pictures of each other with our babies. Glavin is taller than Jensen but they looked like they weighed the same! Jackie said he was only in the 20th percentile so I guess that makes sense. Hopefully the little guy bulks up before Jensen outgrows him! Two days later my mom, Marissa, Rylee, and Jensen and I went to the Festival of Trees again to see Linda Graham's granddaughter dance. It was so cute seeing a bunch of little girls dance! Rylee needs to start dance lessons - I know she would love it! We all went out to eat afterword.

I guess not that much has been happening since Thanksgiving, but my days always seem so busy. I don't venture out much because I hate taking Jensen along since you never know how he will behave. Plus, it takes so much time getting us both ready and out of the house and I always debate if it is worth it. He always looks so much cuter and is always more clean than me! Tomorrow we are going to go see my grandma and take her and grandpa lunch. She just had foot surgery and is not supposed to get up and do anything so we will go see if we can help with anything. Wednesday night is my team's Christmas party at Thomas' house and I am looking forward to seeing my co-workers. We all get along so well. It will be good to see them again too before I return to work.

I can't believe I go back to work in exactly one week! I am pretty bummed having to leave Jensen, but I gotta get back and make some money. The plan is for Marissa to watch Jensen Monday through Wednesday and Jill on Thursday and Friday. That way, each get him and they each get a few days off during the week to run errands, go to their own appointments, etc. It is so nice knowing that our son will be with people we trust and who love him. I don't think I could go back to work yet if we had to take him to daycare. This week/weekend I have to run a few errands and pick up diapers, wipes, etc to make sure that our sitters are well stocked for next week. I bought a bunch of stuff at Bed Bath and Beyond with store credit that they will need too: bottles, bottle warmer, swaddling blankets... we need more of the things we use at home to leave with them.

I am still in school and I am now in my 8th week. School break starts next Monday and then after the first of the year it will be finals. It will be nice to have the have the break to study and to get adjusted back into long work days and being away from Jensen.

I thought I was going to be much more excited for Christmas then I am. I think I would be more excited if Jensen was a little bit older and got excited over Christmas lights or wrapping but that will happen next year. It is also hard to get excited when you are struggling so much financially. I know things will work out and get much better after a month or two back to work, but things are still really tight and i am still depending on Corey to pay all the bills. I will get a full paycheck at the end of December so that will be nice - I can finally help pay rent and a few other things. Medical bills are stacking up that I need to start paying on too. Most of Christmas went on credit cards and everyone got a $20 gift or less. I did really small gifts for my girlfriends and I did hot chocolate for my team. I even only spent $25 on Corey. I usually go all out for him, but we just can't afford it this year. I bought Jensen one toy (a 6 month and up one) and clothes since he is growing out of his. I got them on a killer day at Carters for black Friday and that is all. I spent the most on him, but I only got him clothes that he needs. Pretty boring, but he doesn't understand. Next year when he can walk and play with toys it will be much more fun! All the holidays next year will be much more excited since he will be at such a fun age!

Jensen is growing like a weed and I can't wait to see how much he weighs and how tall he is at this weeks appointment. He still smiles like crazy and now he loves coo-ing and talking back in his own little language. He has a pretty strong neck but still has to be supported and probably will for a few more months. He sleeps okay, but not great. He is more awake during the day, which I was hoping would mean more sleep at night, but that is not the case. He still only sleeps for 2-3 hour stretches but he is getting better about going to sleep faster in the middle of the night. Every once in a while he will sleep for 4-5 hours straight which I love. My plan was to get rid of the bassinet in our room and put him in his big boy crib before I went back to work, but he is up so much still that I am going to wait a little longer. When he can start sleeping for 4-5 hours every night then I will move him.

Okay I gotta get back to working on homework and Jensen is crying and Corey looks a little stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment