Wednesday, February 6, 2013

December {14 months}

So it goes to show that blogging is not my forte since I can never keep up! I have been putting "memos" in my phone of Jensen each month though of what he is doing, likes, doesn't like, etc. That way I can transfer all of it here and not forget anything exciting!

I was really looking forward to December this year because I figured the holidays would have been so much fun with Jensen. I was right! He loved messing with the ornaments on the Christmas tree and would try to be sneaky about taking the ornaments off. Such a silly boy! He looked like he was up to no good with the expressions he would have on his face while playing with them, knowing we would tell him no.

This year I was more prepared for Christmas than I have been in years past. I did a lot of shopping starting in September so I wouldn't have to put everything on a credit card in December. I also was able to use a lot of good promotion deals and saved a lot of money. I never thought I would start living a frugal life, but I have learned that my money is hard-earned and I deserve to chose where that money goes. I am not sure if it was because I was prepared or not in terms of shopping, but I was not prepared for all of the gift wrapping. It is not my favorite! I don't mind wrapping a few here and there, but I procrastinated and then hated it this year! I at least loved my wrapping paper and wired-ribbon bows that I tried out for the first time this year. Success! I love when wrapping paper matches and has a "theme". This year the theme was peppermint candy canes, since that is the theme my mom and I also picked for our Christmas Eve dinner. I hosted this year and it was the first time I have had a huge group of people in my home at one time. It was a success and all the hard work was worth it. Plus, every family member brought a charity item to donate to the Fire Departments Warm Up program. Here is as picture of the dessert table I did for the party and also the pictures I had done at FotoFly Santa for our Christmas cards. I also created an advent countdown linked chain with activities, charity, or something just for Jensen each day. I will admit that the closer to the 25th, the worse I got at following through. It was good to start traditions though and I am happy to say I will do it again next year and will probably be better at doing the assigned task each day.







Jensen at 14 months:
You are getting better at eating other foods. You now will eat more protein like hamburger and chicken. You still love applesauce (the squeeze kind), fruits, veggies (GREEN BEANS!), yogurt, and french fries
You have started classes at The Little Gym but due to the holidays you only went twice, but you loved it. Dad went with to the second class and thought it was going to be beneficial for you as well.
You love climbing on the furniture, stairs, and you are great at running. I can barely keep up.
You LOVE ice cubes and get upset if Dad gives one to Dakota and not to you. You can say ice pretty well.
You have 8 teeth - 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom
You love to be tickled and you have a fantastic laugh. You throw your head back and laugh like your mama
You love to dance and hear music. Your dance moves consist of squating, clapping your hands, and spinning in circles
You don't have many words still - no Mama yet. I am sure soon though
You LOVE the Sesame Street book that was Mama's from the 1980's called: I Can Do it Myself. You want Dad and I to read it to you over and over and over again - every day! You love when we make sounds for each page and you make sounds with us too.
You are still obsessed with the vacuum and corn popper. I am not sure if this phase will ever end. You love cleaning too and when we are cleaning you want a rag to help.
You also love when we play the Gigglebellies on YouTube, but Dad is getting sick of them!
You have gotten better at sleeping through the night since you started eating better and you are on whole milk. Boy, your bottles of milk!
You don't like being told no and you are not the best at sharing toys, but I think playing at The Little Gym will help with sharing. We also use the art of distraction instead of yelling no all the time. It seems to be working!

I love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment