Today is February 6th, 2013 and you just turned 16 months, so I better post about January now before I forget!
The first part of January you got incredibly sick and Dad and I were freaked out. You couldn't break a fever of over 101 for at least 4 days. We took you to Dr. Omura on a Sunday and he said you just had a bad virus and all we could do for you was keep you comfortable and give you Tylenol. You broke out in a bad rash all over which really scared me. You wouldn't eat and you hardly drank anything. You wanted to be held all the time and you would whine since you can't say many words still. Dad and I stayed home with you every day you were sick to keep you feeling secure that we were there. You finally started feeling better after nearly a week. Now I know what it is really like to deal with a sick baby and it is no fun! Hopefully you don't get that sick in a long time!
Since the first part of January was dealing with you being so sick, the rest of the month was fairly uneventful trying to get you better. You didn't have much energy for another week after that. Here is your 15 month update:
When we took you to Dr. Omura the day you were sick you only weighed 22 pounds. You actually lost weight. You went to the Dr. Omura again the week after you were sick for you scheduled 15 month appointment and you gained a pound back. You had to get shots too which was not fun and didn't help you get any better. You were in the 29 inch range still so your stats didn't change much since you were 12 months old. Dr. O said that you were due for a growth spurt before 18 months.
You LOVE hiding toys and other objects and then having Dad and I look for them. Luckily you haven't hidden anything important like car keys (yet).
You play the hiding game in the bath (which I find hilarious) because you will hide a bath toy under your leg, make me look all over the bathroom for it, and then when you go grab it from under your leg you realize it isn't there anymore - it floated away! It is a fun game that we love to play together.
You still love the bath, bath toys, and splashing. You HATE having your hair washed though! You cry the entire time. You also got a light-up rubber ducky for Christmas from Gma that you love playing with in the tub and you make me turn off the lights. It is pretty cool!
You have a love-hate relationship with The Little Gym. You aren't a big fan of the red mat time, but you like climbing all over the big equipment and you are really good at walking on the balance beams.
The second week of January you started eating like a horse! I think you are finally getting that growth spurt we were waiting for. You will eat what we are having, but you HATE eggs. We have cooked them every style and you still will not touch them. It is the one time that I have to make something different for you. You still love the same foods and a few new ones: mac and cheese, Eggo waffles, spaghettios, grandmas chicken noodle soup, green beans, rice, etc.
You now have 9 teeth - you finally got your first molar that came through. Your second molar has broken the skin but is not all the way out. I am sure it will soon. The molar that came through is on the top left.
You still love the vacuum and Daddy bought you your own Dyson vacuum to match - see this adorable photo!? Here are a few others from January




No comments:
Post a Comment