Friday, January 24, 2014

10 Week Super Fast Update

Work is super busy today and I always forget to blog at home. I thought I would quickly type out an update of this past week since Jensen had his 2 year old appt with Dr. O and I had my 10 week appt.

Jensen is doing well! Dr. O said he is right where he needs to be in terms of development. Jensen is in the 25th percentile for height and weight. He weighs 26.6 pounds and I believe was a little shy of 3 feet I believe. Somewhere around 34 inches I believe? I forgot already and it has only been a few days! He got a ton of shots and screamed like crazy. He wouldn't stop crying until we got outside. Poor baby. Nothing was making him happy. After shots he said "mean" and I asked if he was mad and he said YES! His shots made his legs sore and gave him a low grade fever for about 48 hours but he is just fine. He was already playing the same day like nothing happened.

My 10 week appt with Dr. B was yesterday (Thursday 1/23). Nothing new to report really. These early appointments are very basic. He went over my labs from my first appointment which everything came back as it should. I heard babies heart beat and that was it. Very simple! He was running late already first thing in the morning, but otherwise I think I was in the room for less than 15 minutes. At least these are fast appointments so I can get to work and not miss too much time.

GREAT NEWS! My employer rolled out a new maternity plan for 2014 and it will be well underway once I have this baby. 2 great things for me - 1. I get a free double electric breast pump thanks to ObamaCare. 2. I get 3 weeks paid maternity leave from CHG at 100% of my pay! That means if I want to take the full 12 weeks then I only need to find PTO/EIB for 9 weeks. I have been trying to play around with the calendar and my calculator to figure out how it is going to work. I think I will be able to easily take 11 full weeks at 100% of my pay. Much better than when I had Jensen. I only got paid for aboug 10 weeks and most of that was at 60% of my pay - short term disability. Now I don't even have to pay for short term disability if I need it now or in the future because my company pays for that too. Huge benefits upgrade for 2014 and just in time.

One piece of very bad news though - Dakota is really sick. She has been in heart failure for several months now. We have been doing a million tests and paying for 5 different medications that are costing a small fortune. December was a good month and the medicines all seemed to be working. She was playing and wasn't coughing, etc. Now, it is back and with a vengence. We have tried other medicines, uping dosages, etc. and nothing is working. The vet called me on Monday to tell me there is nothing else we can try. Corey and I have decided to keep her on all of the medicine until we decide that none of us can take it anymore and that she is suffering in one way or another. We just picked up a few months of medicine and spent $400! Eek! She can't play much without gasping for air, so I feel her quality of life is already declining. Corey and I will have to decide what our plan will be and what will be the final straw for us. For now we are just trying to keep her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment