Today marks 8 weeks and I feel like death! The past 7 days I have been down with the stomach flu and haven't done much except visit the bathroom. Thursday night (1/2) I started feeling sick and went to bed before dinner. Friday I woke up feeling a bit better, but left work at 10am I felt so sick. I didn't leave my room from Friday until Sunday. I don't even think I showered. I felt miserable. Monday I stayed home from work and logged in for a few hours. Tuesday I went to work for almost 4 hours but couldn't take it anymore. That was last night... I finally gave in yesterday and called Dr. B. He said I could take immodium and just about anything else OTC that I felt I needed. Being dehydrated was too risky for me and baby. I felt awful again around 5pm and finally gave in and took some medicine. Went to bed without dinner again (nor much food all day) and finally woke up feeling a bit better. I have managed to eat some oatmeal and a few pieces of watermelon. I am starting to feel sick again and it is only 10:30am. Hopefully I can make it all day!
The morning sickness isn't getting much better either. I have thrown up a few times but I think it is from the flu and not the pregnancy. It is hard to tell though. The Diclegis that Dr. B has me taking seems to work better than Zofran still and doesn't seem to have many (or no) side effects. I still feel nauseous all the time, but not throwing up every day like I did with Jensen. Hopefully by 13 or 14 weeks I feel better. 5 weeks to go. I can do this!
Not much else is new. Corey just started another school semester on Monday so this week has been intense for him. He works (almost) full-time and has a huge school load. Hopefully he gets a good system down after the first few weeks and it calms him down a little. Being this sick and tired isn't and it is worse when I feel like I am on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment