Monday, August 15, 2011

33 weeks

I can't believe this week marks week 33! Goes to show how time really flies
I had a doctors appointment last week and will continue to go every two weeks until 36 weeks when I start to go weekly. Last week the appointment went really well. I didn't gain any weight in two weeks, my blood pressure is still good, and baby is right on track. Dr. B and I are both very glad that I haven't experienced any swelling yet.

I am still seeing Ken every two weeks for massages and he is having to be more gentle in areas as I progress which sucks big time! The further along I get the more back/sciatic pain I get in and the less he can do to help. It is still definitely worth going! I have appointments scheduled with him until I am 38 weeks.

School is going pretty well, but very tiring. My science class (on the environment) is really boring and I am actually not doing that great in the class. I think I am avering B+ work. My humanities class (world religions) is going okay. I have no interest in these religions, but I am doing A to A- work in the class so I am not going to complain too much. I guess it is getting really hard to focus and remember things and that doesn't help for school work. Goes to show the dedication you have to have for this school! My school break if after these classes which ends on September 11th. I have four full weeks left until the break and then I plan to go back at the end of October.

My weekends have been packed with homework, family, pictures, more homework, and naps when I can squeeze them in. I haven't worked much on Jensen's room, but I plan to this week. Marissa finished his name sign and I am going to hang that this week. I also got some really cute monkey stickers to put above his crib and his dresser. I want to get those done this week as well. I think the only things I will personally need to buy/make are a tall lamp for the corner of his room and a car seat canopy to keep at the cold/wind/and creepy germy people.

This week should be pretty slow, but on Saturday is my baby shower from my mom. I am SOOOO Excited! We are doing it at the Trio restaurant by my office, which is one of my favorite places to eat. They have the best BLT sandwich and tomato soup. Right now it looks like about 20 of us will be there including me. The following week will be my shower thrown by Jill at her house and I think we are going to make a quilt for Jensen which sounds so fun and so cute!

Next week I have a doctors appt with Dr. B on Friday and that Tuesday I have an appointment to meet with Dr. Omura who is a pediatrician. Since we don't have other kids I have no idea who I want to treat Baby Jensen so I am going to interview this doctor who came recommended by a few people at the office. I figured if I don't like him now then I better find someone else because I want Jensen to get the best care and I want a doctor who will answer all of my crazy "new mom" questions.

United Way will round out August, which is my favorite week at work. I have already been working hard preparing our team basket (with Christine's help) and working on the balloon grams I do every year. I have all the ribbon at home and I am trying to cut pieces while relaxing and watching tv. I am a freak about being prepared and now that I am nesting it is even worse!

Can't wait to be one with school for a little while and have all the craziness calm down. I think it will be good for me and for Corey to relax a little more together before Jensen's arrival. I can celebrate Corey's 30th birthday without worrying about homework, etc.

I am definitely feeling anxious for Jensen to arrive, but I am definitely not wanting him to come early. I am just anxious to meet this little man who is growing and kicking me like crazy every day all day. Our son is going to be such a blessing and amazing addition into our family and I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment