Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Feeling Grateful

Last Saturday was the baby shower my mom hosted for Jensen and I at Trio Cafe in Cottonwood. It was absolutely perfect and Jensen got so much stuff! The setting was perfect and it was exactly as I pictured it. I wanted everyone at the same table so we could all see each other, but be seated comfortably. My mom and Marissa had gotten there early and hung a cute banner and put out favors at the place settings. I had invited just over 20 people (including me and my momma) and 19 people were there. The huge table held 20 so it was perfect!

Jensen got some great gifts! Lots of clothes, some diapers, a boppy pillow (for feeding), his travel system and another car seat, bottles, blankets, diaper bag, lots of monkey decor for his room including lamp, clock, light switch cover, totes/baskets.

Corey and I got right to work that night as he put together the stroller and I went to town on everything else. I washed all the blankets and a load of colors and I can't believe how long it takes to put such small things away! Folding little onesies isn't as easy as I expected it to be! No wonder they say to wash some stuff before baby arrives!

This coming Saturday is my shower by Mama Jill and I really looking forward to it as well. She is catering Kneaders and I absolutely LOVE their sandwiches! My mom, Marissa, and Rylee are coming with.

This week I was going to meet with a pediatrician, Dr. Omura, but I decided to cancel it. I just asked a few questions to the receptionist and then had a co-worker who referred him answer the other ones. I just want to make sure I get Jensen a great doctor that all of us like. I got a massage with Ken last night so yet again I feel like I have been hit by a truck, but I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. My next doctor's appointment is this Friday -34 weeks today! I believe I go in two weeks again, at 36 weeks and then I start going once a week! I can't believe I am approaching the final stretch!

My school break will start 9/11 and that is what I am really counting down to. Classes have been rough and I feel like I am barely keeping up. Luckily I still have an A- in both, but it definitely hasn't been easy. I guess it is preparing me for what it will be like when I go back to school in October when Jensen is here. Not easy, but worth it.

Corey and I have been talking about trying for a house (again) around January and as much as I want a home I hope I am up for it. I was exhausted and frustrated the first time looking when we were planning our wedding. I can't imagine looking in the dead of winter, while working and going to school full time, and lugging Jensen around. Oh well, everything worth having comes at a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment