Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 23

Tomorrow is the start of week 23! I can't believe how time is just flying by! I really do love being pregnant right now and all the feelings you get.. all of those little kicks and punches are amazing and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Last week I started an update but I got really busy and didn't have time to go back and edit my post. This is what else is new: I am really trying hard to keep fit and eat right. I have started water aerobics at TOSH and I absolutley love it! I am going again this week and my friend Jackie is going with me. I hope she likes it too. My arms and legs were still burning the next day. Crazy how you can get such an amazing work out in the pool without actually swimming. We did a lot of running and cross-country skiing in the water and using floating devices to work our core. I plan to go two times a week until baby comes. The price is great too - 8 classes is $25 so it is just over $3 a class! Now that is much cheaper than gym membership! I also walk every day with the dog and at work with my co-worker Christine. My eating habits not be what some consider great, but I do try to stay away from all sodium and caffeine. I also try not to eat out more than one meal a week.

I have been seeing my massage therapist Ken now every two weeks for about 2 months and I don't plan to stop that either. He pushes on my back and neck and really relieves some pain. Of course, it comes back but it is nice to know that it helps for a while. Plus, he has a strong belief that keeping hips and everything else in position will make for an easier delivery.

As I mentioned in my last post Dakota is doing great and can finally play. Corey threw the ball like crazy for her this weekend and she was so excited. She was probably curious why we stopped playing with her for so long, but we still gave her plenty of attention during that time so she knew she wasn't in trouble.

Baby's nursery is almost done! All the furniture that was in the office/guest room is now out and put somewhere else in the house or garage. Baby's furniture is all set up and in the right spots. Corey's parents bought us a crib mattress and the bedding set I wanted so once I get a mattress pad I will put it together. Right now the crib is holding a bunch of decorating items for Baby's room. The big items I still need: travel system and bookshelf for the nursery. The bookshelf I want will have a few bins in it that will hold toys and I want to put a small table lamp on top. I am not going to decorate the walls until I have all the big pieces of furniture just so everything is in the right spot and then I can center pictures, shelfs, etc over them. It is weird having our desk where our kitchen was, but I will get use to it. You can't see the tv which is a good thing since I will have to concentrate on homework for another few months. I am just glad we had enough room in our apartment to keep almost everything inside and still make it look nice. We definitely have a lot of organizing to do though!

This coming weekend is Jackie's baby shower and that should be fun. I don't know any of her family or friends, but that is okay. I am still looking forward to it. That is all I have for this weekend, but I am sure it will change. Last weekend I didn't have plans, but was super busy with family. Saturday was spent shopping and eating at the Gateway and Sunday they all came over to swim. I am so burnt even after 5 layers of sunblock! Glad the weather has finally gotten warmer though! I was sick of the rain and 60 degree weather! I will take the 70s and 80s any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment