I have now officially entered week 26 which also means 6.5 months along. I can't believe I only have 3.5 months and that is if this baby stays in until the day he is originally due.
I had another check up today with Dr. B and he said as usual that I am right on track. He said that I am doing fine in my weight (gained 5 pounds in 5 weeks) and my belly measures right on track. Since I don't really understand the belly measurements I didn't ask specifics. I was in and out of the office within 15 minutes from the time I peed in a cup to the time I made my next appt and walked out the door. Very fast! The only new thing... I have to do the gestational diabetes test at my next appointment. He gave me this really gross orange looking drink and he said that I have to drink it all within 5 minutes. I have to time it out just right because I have to have them draw my blood exactly one hour after I drink it. My next appointment will be at 30 weeks. It is going to be July 26th. I can't believe Friday starts July though! Time is flying! He asked about swelling and contractions, which I have not had either, and that was it. These appointments are pretty uneventful, but I still get so excited everytime I hear his heartbeat. It always puts the biggest grin on my face.
This past weekend I fnally worked on Jensen's room. I put together a book shelf and put books, baskets, toys, etc on it. I also put all of his bedding together (although I will still have to wash it later) and took all the tags and stickers off all the clothes and blankets I already got/bought. I feel I have been pretty good about not buying anything. I buy a few things here and there, but they are all the small things. I also put together a cute monkey shelf, but I haven't hung anything yet. Corey did put up the curtains and they really make the room feel more cozy - it is pretty plain in there right now. I will have to get some rugs too.
Still staying very busy with school (finals next week) and once these classes are done I have another set of 9 week classes before I take a break for Jensen's arrival. I will be done with classes on September 11th until the end of Oct when I go back. If I go back October 24th I could almost have the entire 9 week semester done before I go back to work from maternity leave. Hopefully that works out!
Lunch with my mom today to make up for missing her birthday lunch and dinner. I was so sick last week with an awful stomach flu that went around the entire family. I went home early Wednesday and stayed home Thursday. Friday I went to work, but it was hard. Glad to be feeling much better and still enjoying all the phases of pregnancy! Oh and I love the pool still!
No comments:
Post a Comment