I am about 9.5 weeks along and I was really hoping that I would start feeling better. I guess my body is just not ready to be better yet. A woman at work told me that through all of her pregnancies she never once felt sick. Damn her! Haha! I explained to her that it feels a lot like the stomach flu that lasts 3 months! That is exactly how it feels! You throw up a lot, you feel constantly sick your stomach and the only thing I was is bread most of the time. I have a hard time drinking water but I hear that water is actually one of the hardest things to drink when you are sick. I have been trying to put lemon in it or Crystal Lite to help it go down, but now I am getting sick of my options.
I have to say at this point of being so sick that I am grateful that baby is doing well and that I have a huge support system. It is really hard to be this sick and to go to work and go home and do school almost every night. My parents are motivating and help me in any way they can and of course my husband has been bending over backwards to help me. Corey cleans, helps with meals, and does anything else I need or ask of him. A lot of the time I don't even have to ask, which is really nice. My work is also really super supportive and very understanding. I have already missed a lot of work and my boss is awesome about it. I don't think I would make it through these first few months if I didn't have all of these people in my life.
I read that my sickness may be worse this week and next because the babies life line (placenta) is forming and it is causing another crazy rush of hormones that my body is not use to. They said that hormones should level out by week 12 or 13 which is why most woman feel better in the second trimester. Let's hope I start feeling better in the next few weeks!
aww Mal, i'm so sorry you're still sick. Have you tried carbonated water?? I hope you start feeling better soon. It will be worth it!! :)
ReplyDelete