The first appointment for Baby today went amazing! I had to pee in the cup, get my blood drawn, have my blood pressure taken and have my weight taken. After all of that, the doctor (who I love by the way) took Corey and I into his office and went over some questions, genetics and our background and talked about some of the basics... including fish and sushi. He said that I can eat sushi! WOO HOO! I am in need a sushi date pronto!
I then went into the exam room and he done a basic physicial first (which is never fun), but said that he will only do that the first time. Glad to say that will not be happening again for some time. Then he brought in the portable ultrasound machine and Corey and I saw our little Baby! It was amazing! It was so so tiny and you could see this little flicker in the middle that was the heartbeat. I even got a few pictures of the Baby. Then he turned it off and turned on another little handheld machine that would dedict the heartbeat. He said that at 9 weeks the heartbeat is clearly there, but can be difficult to hear. Well, two seconds later we could hear our baby's strong heartbeat. I don't think words could ever express the feeling I got at that moment. It was truly amazing and overpowering. We created life and I get carry it and nurture it and make it strong before we even get to meet.
Baby is on track in size and should be here around October 5th. Woo hoo!
Next appointment is on March 29th and I will be 13 weeks. I am sure I will be feeling better by then and time will go much quicker.
Corey said that my stomach was no longer a food baby, but a baby-baby. That is very true! I felt horrible about how much weight I seem to be putting on and how big my stomach looks. My doctor is really nice and told me that it has a lot to do the placenta's hormone called Relaxin and getting that 'fatty protective layer'.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment