Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tough break

Dakota needs to get heart surgery and get an artificial pacemaker put in to get her heart back to pumping correctly and not skipping beats. I am having to take her to Colorado to get this done and I am just waiting to hear from the vet and from Colorado State University when this will be done. Poor baby!

Today, I have really bad cramping and some spotting (which I haven't ever had) so I am going to get an ultrasound done today at 4 pm. The MA at Dr. B's office said that they think it is a UTI and can be treated with antibiotics, but they want to be 100% sure everything is okay. I go for the ultrasound at Utah Vascular since they could get me in today and then I need to get a urine sample to Dr. B by the end of the day. I am hoping everything is okay and I am definitely hoping for the best for both of us. I am sure everything will be okay but it is good to check and I am glad that my doctor just didn't say that I am okay. I am excited to see my baby in there today!

Rough week trying to make up time at work so that I am not in the hole for PTO. My boss has been gone but I need to talk to him about going to Colorado and hoping to take a laptop and get work done so I can count some hours while away. Corey and I are going to drive her since that will be less stressful and safer for all of us. I found a hotel today that was pretty affordable, had fridge (for milk, etc) and will let me bring Dakota. Although she will be in the hospital it is good to go somewhere pet friendly in case we have to stay a night or two in the hospital before/after her surgery.

Everything happens for a reason and I know that Dakota will be okay. Just trying to stay positive about everything right now. I think my baby hates me with how sick I have been and all the little problems that have happened since the end of January! I actually haven't felt nauseous at all today, but starting to get that way now. It is probably from nerves. It will be great to start feeling better and hopefully I am fully better in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment