The doctors appointment went well this morning. He was running behind because he had an emergency c-section, but instead of freaking out about time like I usually do, I stayed calm. I remembered that if that was me I would hope other mothers would be forgiving and understanding and I would want the doctor there for me. My appointment was at 8:30 and I got there a few minutes late. They took me back, did the normal screening things and then had me change (waste down). I was back there for a little over 30 minutes half naked, but I put the paper/plastic covering over my lap and layed down. It was actually kind of nice to be in that warm room relaxing only after working for an hour today!
Dr. B took my belly measurement, but I was so busy rambling about other things I forgot to ask how many cm I was measuring at. I told him I am having really painful BH contractions and he said it was normal and it was a good sign that my body is doing what it needs to. Next he did the exam and told me that I am now 60% effaced which is terrific! I am so glad that I made progress. In other less exciting news I gained 4 pounds in one week! I am now up to 181 pounds and have gained a total of 34 pounds since my first doctors appointment on March 1st. Dr. B (after answering a million other questions) answered my questions about induction, stripping membranes, etc. He said that he cannot srip membranes until I am at least 2-3 cm dilated, which I am not. He said if that changes next appointment he will do it. He does not schedule you to be induced until your 40 week appointment, which is what I figured, but I wanted to ask. He said that you thin out before you dilate normally so I am on the right track. Hopefully I have a lot of progress next week and start dilating. I definitely do not want to be induced unless I have to. I would prefer Jensen to come when he is ready.
I have no swelling still (anywhere on my body), minimal stretch marks, fabulous blood pressure... things are going pretty well. I am still really uncomfortable and in a lot of pain but it is all worth it and it doesn't take me much to reassure myself.... I just have to wait a minute to feel him kick and my mind is at ease. 12 days to go as of today!
Yay! I am so excited for you!! I am super jealous, btw, that you don't have any swelling. I'm like a marshmellow! It's just not fair. :) Anyway, I hope baby Jensen makes his arrival soon! I know he'll be so cuddly and adorable, can't wait!
ReplyDelete