So today is September 30th, just one day after my doctors appointment that I was feeling a little down about. Turns out that so much can change in a day and I need to remember to stay positive and optimistic.
Turns out those contractions I was having starting at 3:30 am where not Braxton Hicks- they were/are the real deal. I timed them yesterday afternoon and they are roughly every ten minutes apart. Nothing to get too excited or too anxious about, but at least my body is doing what it needs to do to bring Jensen to us naturally. I also lost my mucuous plug last night, which is a good thing, but doesn't really signify anything when you are this far along in your pregnancy. At least it was one more thing my body did yesterday. I guess whatever Dr. B did yesterday in there really helped and hopefully Jensen will be here next week.
Today was my last day in the office and I only worked 4 hours. I am still having contractions about every ten minutes (although I have only paid attention once today) but with contractions comes MAJOR back pain. I hear that with the pain I am experiencing now I am going to have pretty bad back labor. At least there are drugs to help with the pain when I get further along! Yesterday I went home early too since I was feeling so miserable after my appointment. Today I picked up lunch and ate with my mom at the apartment, took a 2 hour nap (wow!) and then took Dakota on a long walk around the complex. I figured I should try to do two walks like that day at least until Jensen arrives. They say walking is the best thing you can do and at this point I can't get myself to go to water aerobics anymore. Now just updating the blog and working on laundry. I planned to have it done before Corey got home, but I guess I thought sleeping was more important (and at this point it is!)
I just got the Flip camcorder this week and got it all set up (it took about two minutes) and did a practice video. I looked nuts on it so I deleted it, but I was documenting where I am at today. I am glad we will have a small hand-held video recorder to use when Jensen arrives when we can capture him on live video and still images. Oh and did I mention I got the flip for under $50? Absolutely cheap and it shoots in HD! It only holds an hour of video, but you just plug it into your computer and dump your videos and then delete them off and charge it up again. Pretty simple.
Tomorrow I am getting a pedicure with my mom at Sanctuary Day Spa (there pedis are heavenly) and on Sunday I have a nail appointment in the late morning with Brecc. Jensen can come after that - when I am feeling beautiful haha! Nothing else is planned for the weekend. I will probably end up cleaning a few things here and there and resting and walking a lot. Just trying to take it easy until my little man arrives.
Jensen,
Mommy loves you and can't wait for you to get here! You are worth every ounce of ache and pain and I know it is probably not super comfortable where you are either. I can't wait to see what you look like. I am mostly curious as to whether or not you will have hair or not. I was a bald baby but your daddy had hair. Your grandma Jill said that daddy's hair was brownish-blond and was really whispy. Bald or not you will be absolutely perfect! I am also curious as to how much you will weigh. I am guessing no bigger than eight and a half pounds and a lot of family think you will be smaller than that. Looking at this big belly I think you will be around 8. It will be interesting to get your measurements and see who was right. I think you will be pretty long too - I am guessing 21.5 inches. They say that boys are usually heavier and longer. I wish I had a window in my belly to see what you look like and to watch what you do all day.
Son, I love you and daddy loves you too. We both are anxiously awaiting your arrival.
Love,
Your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment