I had my 39 week doctor's appointment today with Dr. B this morning. I would say that things didn't go how I anticipated. First I want to mention that I woke up at 3:30 this morning with awful BH contractions that kept me up all morning. I probably slept for one hour from 3:30 until 7:30 because of the pain. I walked around, tried going to the bathroom, tried other positions and nothing was working. I was hopeful that all the pain was due to getting closer to welcoming Jensen and to just stick it out.
I lost two pounds this week, which is not something I am necessarily proud of, but since I am still in the right weight range I figured it was okay. Since I lost weight this week the total of gained pounds so far is 32. Not too shabby if you ask me! Hopefully I lose it quickly.
My belly measured at 38 cm and he said that my belly has been growing at roughly 1 cm per week so I am right on track (although the cm should match the week you are in). My blood pressure is still perfect, and no swelling still. I love that I am in my 39th week and I can still wear my wedding ring.
Dr. B then checked me and said I am still at 60% and that I have only dilated to a 1. Wah wah wah... I am so disappointed. I was really hoping I was going to be at a 2 or 3 this week and then to hopefully go into labor next week on my own. He was poking and proding (which hurt SO bad) and said he was doing it in hopes of helping me move further along. He moved things around as if he were stripping membranes, although I am not dilated enough to do that yet (or at least successfully). It hurt so bad I freaked out, squirmed, and about fell off the table! I was holding on for dear life though with my arms.
I am still having really bad BH contractions and Dr. B told me that if they are measurable to keep track. If they get to six minutes apart I need to go to the hospital and get monitored. I have been trying to pay attention to when the pain peeks, dies down, and then goes back again. It looks like it is about every ten minutes. I guess this may be real contractions, but just not close enough together. I will see if anything changes over the next few days. I am probably going to head home early from work today due to the pain. I can barely sit. I can barely do anything actually. I am still going to try and make it in to work tomorrow for my last day in the office. If I can do a half day tomorrow I will be pretty proud.
Jensen - I found out today that your Aunt Penni and Uncle Mario will be up here the end of October and they will get to meet you! I am really excited for that side of the family to have a grandbaby/nephew and I know they are all excited too. Your aunt and uncle live in Las Vegas so we don't get to see them often. Can't wait for you to get here and bless our families with a little life! I know the Paskett family is very excited and so if my side of the family. I wish your GPA was here to meet you, but I know he is looking out for us and will make sure you get to us safely.
Jensen,
Mommy loves you a billion and can't wait to meet you. Your kicks (although they now hurt) bring such a smile to my face. Especially on days like today when I am in pain I know that it is for the best reason in the world and that you aren't trying to hurt me. You need to be in there for as long as you can/want and I won't do anything to rush you out. Son, you are already the best thing that has happened to me and you aren't even here yet. Please know that I love you and always will. Your daddy and I are ready for your arrival so don't want too long!
Love,
Your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment