On Tuesday night (4/22/14) Jensen was helping Corey gather up the garbage in the house as it was the typical garbage night. Jensen always wants to run in front of you and yells "me first" on a regular basis. Jensen was running from the master bedroom to his room (which is just outside our room) and didn't quite make it into his room and smack straight into his bedroom door jam. I was down the hall but heard the loud thump and then lots of crying. Corey immediately grabbed him and Jensen was yelling for me so I grabbed him. I sat down with him and he put his head into my chest so I hadn't looked over him yet and neither had Corey. In the midst of his screaming I lifted him to look him over when I saw a HUGE goose egg right on his forehead. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. I screamed for Corey who was still gathering up garbage and he ran to me, saw Jensen, grabbed him, and ran to the car. We didn't think twice, he needed to be seen by a doctor.
We jumped into the car and I sat with Jensen in the back and called my mom because I needed to find out where I could take him. Although we have a hospital directly across the street my insurance isn't accepted there, so I we ran to Draper to the Urgent Care. He would not stop crying, yelling for mama, and saying "go home". He clearly did not want to go the doctors. Corey looked VERY panicked the entire drive. When we got there Jensen would not let me put him down, let Corey hold him, and he wouldn't let me even sit with him. Just stand and cuddle. We got all signed in, but it took almost an hour to be seen.
FINALLY! We saw a PA and she said that he hit a major blood vessel in his forehead so that is why it was so bad and why it was that big that fast. She said the huge bump will go away, but he can have a big bruise for a while and possibly a black eye from the blood in his bump draining into his face. The tried to check his eyes for a concussion but he wouldn't open his eyes and wouldn't stop crying. They told us what to do (which we checked at home) to make sure he was okay. Otherwise they said he was fine, used an ace bandage to wrap a big ice pack to his forehead, and sent us home.
When we got home it was well past his bed time so we put him in pajamas and watched cartoons. He wouldn't settle down (stop crying and fussing) and I realized it was probably because he was experiencing the worst headache ever! Corey gave him some Tylenol and he was out for the night quickly after. He was still asleep when I left for work the next day, but by last night he looked so much better. Here is a picture of him in the car on the way to Urgent Care and then a picture of him 24 hours later. SO MUCH BETTER! His bruise is turning different colors, but the huge bump is almost gone already! Such a tough boy. Tougher than his mama, that's for sure!


No comments:
Post a Comment