Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Potty Training Jensen

I decided it was finally time to potty train my cute little Ninja Turtle so I went to Jackie for advice. She had just trained Glavin and he was doing so well. She emailed me the book she used - 3 Day Potty Training. I read through it, made Jensen a potty chart on a poster board, washed all of his character underwear, and bought him a big book of Ninja Turtle stickers. We were set!
The Saturday following my ultrasound (29th) was the first day of potty training. Needless to say there were a few tears on Jensen's end because he just wasn't having it. He only had 4 accidents that day, but wet that night and during nap. Sunday he had 2 accidents, dry at nap, and wet again that night. Monday I was on my own with him (Corey had to go to work) but we were down to 1 accident and dry during nap! It took a few more days until he stayed dry all night, but we are doing much better! He is so cute too - he doesn't tell you has to go "pee or potty" but he says "uh oh" and runs to the bathroom. When I am home with him we have yet to have an accident. I took him to get his pictures done on Saturday at Camera Shy with my mom and I took his potty seat with us. He managed to go potty there twice! We went running around all morning and he didn't have an accident! After about 5 days he was staying dry during the day and night. Corey says that he has a few accidents at his parents house, but I am not sure why. We will get there though. Now we need to get him to go poop on the potty. He tell us "poop" so we run to the bathroom, he sits there, cries, and then wants to get done. He has had a few poop accidents in his underwear, but we will get there. I am hoping sooner rather than later. At least we are out of diapers!!!!
A type too - we used Baby Legs (leg warmers). He hates to be naked and have bare legs so I bought a few pair of boy looking Baby Legs. He loved them and it was much easier to get him dressed and undressed while potty training. They say to only keep them in a shirt and underwear, but that wasn't cutting it. He cried he didn't have pants on until I put these on!
Here are a few cute pictures of him going potty and his potty chart. We had 3 full days (cooped up) inside and enjoyed a lot of snuggly time together. I was definitely ready to get back to work on Tuesday that week! Oh and here is a picture of my close-to 20 week belly and my exhausted potty training look.



No comments:

Post a Comment