Thursday, April 24, 2014

Week 22 and 23

The last week has been crazy and I completely forgot to post. Not much has changed though! I hit 23 weeks yesterday so I will write from last week up until today as a combined post.

I have gained about 22 pounds so far. Far more than I ever wanted to gain, but not much I can do about it. I am starting to feel it go into my thighs (DANG BACON!), but otherwise it all is in my belly and boobs. Yes, they are HUGE again and they never went back down after having Jensen! EEK

I no longer have any crazy cravings, but I am still loving bacon and probably eat way too much of it. At least I am not eating it with weird things like ice cream or pickles! I also go through spurts where I really want just one thing. Lately it has been Oreo cookies. I make sure to have a bit of milk with them and only let myself have a few a day (like 3 or 4 max).

I honestly have not been feeling so great these past two weeks. I went into the doctor on Friday the 11th because I was having this really weird sharp pain in my pelvic area and it felt like knives. Dr. Brown did a complete check-up since I was supposed to go in the following Tuesday anyway. He said everything looked fine, but that my pelvic bone wasn't staying connected like it should due to the hormone Relaxin. He said it is working a little too well so my pelvic bone (the two pieces held together by a ligament) are not wanting to work together as the ligament has been stretched from the hormone. It can cause my pelvic bone to shift slightly and get locked into a different spot that makes it incredibly painful to do just about anything. He just suggested to relax (HAHA) and take some Tylenol.

The following week I was in so much pain that by that Thursday I called in and talked to Deb and she referred me to a physical therapist in Draper. I saw him the next day and he was really nice. The PT consists (so far) of heat packs, low back massage as my hips also really hurt, stretches that are controlled by the PT, and ice. I am there for about 1.5-2 hours at a time. Yesterday was my second time going and I have to say I am in so much pain today that I am about to lose it. It is between sore and just shear pain. I would love to go home, but I need every ounce of PTO for physical therapy and for when Hayden arrives. The pain will probably not go away or at least the problem won't until after I give birth and the relaxin hormone leaves my body. It is going to be a long 4 months!

Last weekend was Easter and although I was in a lot of pain, we still had a fun weekend. I will do a seperate post on Easter and include pictures.

Things are moving right along with my job and hopefully my promotion that will hopefully be in effective in just over a month (June 1st is the goal). I absolutely love my leader and I can't imagine not working here. I love my job so much that I just tell myself to push through the pain and I stick it out.

Not much else is new. Just trying to do what I can to take it easy. Corey just wrapped up finals this week for his Spring semester. His busiest semester yet with 17 credit hours and he has an A in all classes and could potentially end with a 4.0 GPA for the semester. Due to his good grades he has already been receiving he received a summer scholarship from Weber to cover tuition for the summer semester as long as he takes 12 credit hours. I am so proud of my husband! He is incredibly dedicated and it is so fun to see someone's untapped potential after being together for 7+ years. His hard work is sure to pay off with a fantastic job in the next few years when he is ready to enter into his field.

Okay, I need to get back to work, and this post is huge. I will write about Easter later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment