I realized it has been just shy of a month since I have last posted. Time flies faster than I would like it! I realized the last time I posted I was getting ready to leave for Puerto Rico so I figured I should share that first.
My mom celebrated her 20th anniverary with CHG in August of 2013 and as one of the awards she received, she received a trip to President's Club. This year was Puerto Rico and she was gracious enough to take me! The flights were long, exhausting, and the worst part about the trip. Everything else was perfect, beautiful, calm, and serene. I really missed my family, but it so nice to get away for a few days, relax, and focus on my baby.
My mom and I definitely kept busy while we were there, but nothing too crazy. The first day we go there around noon and we had to wait for our room to be ready so we just mingled in the lobby area with other CHG employees. Our room was ready pretty quick so we went up, changed into shorts!, and went out to the pool area to have lunch. We walked around the grounds a little, but we were so exhausted we went to our room and napped. We woke up in time to have dinner, so we ordered room service (pizza and a salad to share) and went right back to sleep. We were like zombies that first day from trying to take a red-eye flight and not being able to sleep! We slept well that night and glad we arrived early to sleep so we could be ready for the next day!
Friday morning was so much fun! We put on some summer clothes and joined the CHG clan for an amazing breakfast with some really cool street performers and a guy who was cutting actual coconuts for coconut milk. My mom and I tried it and hated it, but it was cute to hold! We then ventured off for the remainder of the day in Old San Juan forts, etc. We took the city bus downtown and then took a free trolley to the top of Old San Juan and worked our way. The top is a lot of old forts and when you get to the bottom there are ton of shops and restaurants and tourist stores to check out. We spent most of the day just walking down so we grabbed some food, headed back for dinner, and we ended up back down there on our last day.
Saturday we hung out at the private beach in these awesome chairs with an umbrella that the pool staff set up for you! We ordered lunch at the beach and just took it easy. That night was the Awards Gala so we wanted to stick close and make sure we had enough time for the both of us to shower and get ready (we only washed our hair that one day!). The awards were really nice and my mom got an awesome glass award.
Sunday we went to the rainforest with Susie and her husband Glen. It was gorgeous to hike next to such beautiful flowers and trees that were growing bananas! I have never seen anything like it. We were gone for about a half day and Glen was nice enough to rent a car and drive us there. Once we took the car back we took a few minute break at the hotel and then we went back to Old San Juan to shop and eat dinner with Susie and Glen via the city bus. It was so cheap to take the bus vs a cab and it was pretty easy to figure out the system there. I was craving a burrito the ENTIRE time we were there so I finally got a burrito for dinner! We got back at a decent time and decided it was best to start packing. The trip went too fast!
Monday was a travel day and we had to be in the lobby around 10 or 11 (can't remember now) so we woke up, ate breakfast, and finished packing. Then we headed out to sit at the pool, take a few more pictures, and leave. The trip went so fast, but it was so amazing. We were always eating such great food - from Starbucks in the morning with the breakfast CHG provided, to great lunches in San Juan to dinners at the resort we were staying at. The steakhouse was one of my favorite dinners, but never would I be able to afford that again. My mom paid for everything so I tried to pick up coffee here and there haha! I owe her a VERY good Mother's Day gift.
Since this post is getting way too long here are some pictures I took on my phone. Glen and Susie had their camera and took HUNDREDS of pictures and shared them with us. My mom has the USB drive so I need to borrow it and load the pictures to my computer.













No comments:
Post a Comment