Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The toilet is calling my name

Hello morning sickness!

I don't even know who invented the term morning sickness since it literally lasts all day - 24 hours a day! Retards... and probably men who think we are crazy for getting this sick!

I actually felt great the first week I found out we were expecting and I thought I was going to be part of the lucky group that didn't get sick in their first trimester. Boy, who was I kidding? The sickness starting half way through my fifth week and has been a constant companion. I got so sick after a week of being miserable (and missing hours at work) that I gave in and called the doctor. They were so worried about dehydration that they called in a nausea pill and told me to drink more fluids or go to the ER. That scared me and I quickly started drinking more water. I have now learned the floor pattern in both of the bathrooms in our house as well as the design at work. Not a good way to learn a floor design I tell you!

I am actually 7 weeks pregnant today and I am still very sick. Hopefully this only lasts through the first trimester, which means that I am just over half way there of feeling horrible. I better not be the kind that is sick the entire 9 months! Ah!

I want this blog to be a journal for me to look back on and remember just how I felt (great or not) and to read it to our baby one day. I also want it to be a source for my family to keep in the loop of how we are doing.

I learned today that Baby is the size of a blueberry! If Baby is only half an inch big how come I feel so fat already? Ah, bloating, that is right. I wonder if that feeling will ever go away?

I go to my first appointment on March 1st and can't wait to hear Babies heart beat. I am sure that will be marked down as one of the best days of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment