Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thankful and excited

After we found out that our baby is a boy - who Corey is calling "Rufus" everything seems so much better and much more real. Friday we got off early from work for getting our goal so I went shopping! I bought a maternity swimsuit (for the pool and maybe prenatal water aerobic classes), a few clearance items (winter clothes!) for our Rufus and a fabulous tea at Nordstrom while looking at their thousands of shoes. I need new sandals so bad. I guess I am glad I didn't buy any though since the weather went from 80 to 50 and rainy! Guess I can wait just a few more weeks.

Knowing what we are having makes cleaning out the office so much more fun. I guess knowing what we can put back in there (crib, etc) is the exciting part. I really need to start working on that room though and hopefully Corey will be a big help since everything is so bulky. I did start on the closet, but it has a long way to go. The babies closet is still going to be for a lot of our storage and my scrapbook stuff, but there is plenty that can be taken out and stored somewhere else or thrown away. I started the organizing part so that I can see what we even have in there. Trust me, it is a huge closet for a second bedroom - I wish when I was a kid I had a walk-in!

My mom and I plan to go look at furniture soon and Babies R Us is having a huge sale. Hopefully we get something (crib, dresser, glider) for a good deal! They said that all nursery furniture is 20% off and when you pay $500.00 for a crib you could $100 off! Now that is a great deal if you ask me! Mom is in Vegas until Friday evening so hopefully we have time to run around this weekend. Corey may be hunting so it could be a fun girly weekend. If not, he is welcome to join us and help pick stuff out. Oh and I get my hair done Saturday - finally!

I am also excited to get maternity pictures taken. I was in contact with Dustin Izatt today and decided even though he charges a small fortune (and I am not kidding!) I think he has the unique look I am wanting. I don't want the trashy belly shots that some people have. Although some are classy, some are a little scary and it is not my style. I couldn't handle being half naked when I wasn't pregnant! I may have him do a few belly shots but we will see. Sounds like I will get those done in August - which is going to be a very busy month. I will be wrapping up school, doing both baby showers (from both mamas), our one year anniversary is the first weekend of August... oh boy! So much going on this summer!

Better get back to work! I had an awful migraine yesterday and stayed home. 20 weeks tomorrow! WOO HOO! Half way there! Now that is a big reason to be thankful and excited! Baby is the size of a Cantaloupe! WOW! 6.5-7 inches and 11 ounces!

No comments:

Post a Comment