Tuesday, May 24, 2011

He's ALIVE

I felt Baby's first kick last night and it was incredible! I see why everyone gets so excited this experience and it is almost like a secret that only mom's can share. Soon dad will be able to feel him on the outside, but it doesn't really do justice what it is like on the inside. I felt like he was a ninja in there last night as he was moving all over the place. I am actually feeling him right now while at my desk at work. How crazy! I am in love with him!

Last night I picked our newborn photographer- it is Mary Clarke with DMC Photography. She has a beautiful home she runs her business out of. She is super sweet and has a fabulous set up in her basement that I don't know if I could describe even if I tried. She definitely knows the tricks for having amazing and unique backgrounds and no - it is not a green screen! I can't wait for our first family photos and for her to capture his first few days with us. I also picked our maternity photographer - Dustin Izatt. He did them for someone else I know and I fell in love with her pictures. He is going to cost me a small forturne, but it is the look I am going for and they are pictures I would be proud to show off and hang in our home.

Today is Marissa's birthday and we are getting together for dinner and cake at my mom's house. I got her some cute white shoes that I hope she likes. At Morgan's birthday celebration over a month ago she was mentioning how much she wanted white shoes that weren't gym shoes. Since I know she likes the Pumas that my mom and I have I got her some of those.

The doctor's appointment this morning went well. He said that all the blood work came back negative for tests such as Down Syndrome which is fabulous. Glad to have a perfect, healthy little man in there! He said that according to my belly measurements I am right on track and everything is perfect. I did however gain 10 pounds in one month! Holy cow! I gained a bit in the beginning and then the last appointment I gained about 2.5 pounds. I can't believed I gained this much! I hope it was just a big month and it tapers off. Dr B didn't say anything about it and said it isn't concerning right now. My next appointment is in 5 weeks (Dr will be on vaca at 4 weeks) and he said he will be sending me home with the glucose test stuff so that I will get tested at the appointment after that.

Now... to get back to work and focus.... I love these kicks so much that I lose my train of thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment