Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LEMON!

Boy, the things you can find online are just fascinating (and sometimes scary) but with the fruit/veggie tracker it makes it relatable to size of your baby. Right now at 14 weeks baby is now the size of lemon: 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces.
Here is a breakdown from now to 21 weeks (when they start going by month instead of week):
15: Naval orange 4 in 2.5 oz
16: Avocado 4.6 in 3.5 oz
17: Onion 5.1 in 5.9 oz
18: Sweet potato 5.6 in 6.7 oz
19: Mango 6.0 in 8.5 oz
20: Cantalope 6.5 in 10.6 oz
21: Banana 10.5 in 12.7 oz

Some of these seem a little strange. For example at 13 weeks it said a peach and now this week is a lemon. To me a peach is larger than a lemon, but who knows. Sometimes this site measure from the width of fruit and sometimes they measure length. I can't believe how from this week to week 17 Baby will gain an ounce and then jump in spirts again!

Today marks week 14 and yesterday I decided to break the news on Facebook by posting Baby's 13 week ultrasound picture. Lots of nice words and congrats and I know people are really excited for us. People know that I have been waiting a baby for a long time!

Next doctors appointment is not until week 17 which will be the last Friday of April (the 27th). I can't wait for that appointment! Baby will be much bigger, have a stronger heartbeat and I get to schedule the ultrasound to find out what we are having. I use to think it was going to be a boy but now I am leaning towards it being a girl. I had the change of heart on Saturday and I have no idea what made me think that. Maybe from all the studies I have read about how sick women are when are having a girl? Hmmm.... only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment